Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Trying to do the fashionable list thing

1. I write for a living.
2. I have written for as long as I can remember.
3. I had 50 penpals by the time I was 12.
4. My father was a writer.
5. I grew up in the shadow of my father's fame.
6. I tried not to be a writer, and failed.
7. I grew up in a bookshop.
8. I love the smell of new books. I don't like library books.
9. I am fascinated by spiders.
10. I am not fascinated by shoes.
11. I only wear silver jewellery.
12. I first travelled the world at 8.
13. I love driving and hate being a passenger.
14. I have lived many places and loved almost all of them.
15. I belive that people are innately good.
16. I adore blueberries.
17. I love my bed.
18. I am not good with money.
19. I adore dogs.
20. I can't give up smoking.
21. Theatre foyers are my natural habitat.
22. The sea is my solace.
23. I was a hippie.
24. Cooking is my zen thing.
25. Chilis are my favorite energy source.
26. I don't like cheap chocolate.
27. I was born under Taurus in the year of the Dog.
28. Nobody knows, but I am actually shy.
29. I don't understand laziness.
30. I can't resist buying tote bags.
31. I like to wear sarongs.
32. I love flowers and fossils.
33. I cannot sing.
34. I think party people are vapid.
35. I wish there were more hours in the day.
36. I think tall people are arrogant.
37. I love tidiness.
38. I burn incense and perfume my sheets.
39. I never wear dresses.
40. I prefer 3-ply toilet tissue.
41. I don't understand stingy people.
42. I used to speak passable Indonesian.
43. Mangosteens are my very favorite fruit.
44. I can't go to sleep without a book in my hand.
45. I paint my toenails green.
46. I read people by the way they walk.
47. I admire the Dalai Lama.
48. I love trying new food.
49. Pelicans are my totem bird.
50. Coffee is the only thing that gets me out of bed.
51. As a child, I was a committed tree-climber.
52. I went to an all-girls college - from kindergarten to leaving honors.
53. I think lists like this are very arch and twee.

No comments: