Thursday, July 22, 2004

Toothaches and overwork

I am so tired I am sideways. In bed with the laptop - at least able to let go of the day at last. I have just completed the two net columns - which are due tomorrow. The workload has been almost beyond possible - trying to be two people, to do two full-time jobs. And, of course, coming home is not a rest for there is the shopping to do on the way home, the meal to cook, Mama to visit, Peter's late meal - and the pop-ins which invariably punctuate the evening. No wonder toothache comes to add its mean burden. And I take the painkillers and do the gel treatments and wonder when I am going to lose these teeth which my body seems intent on rejecting so cruelly. I wonder what false teeth are like. No one tells one these things.I wonder how long it will be before I find out for myself.

No comments: